Responsive Mobile Friendliness
“people can come up with statistics to support anything, 14% of people know that”
Wise words from Homer Simpson, nevertheless, we’ve compiled a few key statistics and facts recently released that we feel strongly support the case for investing in a Responsive website that is optimised for mobile devices.
- There are 15 million smart phone users in Australia.
- Failing to optimise for mobile devices will increasingly adversely effect your search engine ranking.
- 90% of smart phone users will navigate the same site on multiple devices to complete tasks so optimisation, consistency and responsive design are paramount.
- Google will rank Responsive websites over 2 separate versions (desktop version and mobile version) of a website.
- 1/4 of all searches worldwide are conducted on a mobile device.
- 57% of mobile device users will abandon (or ‘bounce’ in Google Analytics terms) your site if it takes longer than 3 seconds to load.
- 44% of paid search ad clicks are on mobile devices.
- Mobile makes up 37% of paid search spending in Australia.